Build this Kit. . . Be Informed. . .Get the Alerts
Build the Kit. . . Be informed. . . Get the Alerts.
Being prepared for an emergency means being equipped with the proper supplies. Your kit supplies should be easy to carry and quick to grab.
September is #NationalPreparednessMonth and it is the right time to prepare. @AmericanRed Cross suggests, at the very least, to have the basic supplies listed below:
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2 week supply for home)
- Food; non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items(3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home).
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- Extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medial information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Map(s) of the area
Anatomy of a first aid kit, a handy thing to have.
Should a disaster like water damage from a pipe break in your home or from a leaky toilet affect you, call SERVPRO® of Elizabeth City/Outer Banks, serving this area over 20 years and is here to help you 24/7, 365 days make it "Like it never even happened." at 252-331-7889
#SERVPROOBX #LikeItNeverEvenHappened #HereToHelp