Holiday Fire Safety
Did you know that Christmas trees are the culprit for hundreds of damaging home fires every year? If you purchase a live tree it is important to keep it well watered and hydrated. A dry tree can catch flames in just SECONDS if it comes in contact with an open flame such as a candle or a short in an electrical light.
Be sure to review the manufacturer's safety information included with any electrical decorations to avoid an overload that can cause an electrical short.
Keep burning candled at least 12 inches from anything that is flammable such a curtains, trees, paper or wooden objects.
Make sure your Christmas tree is at least 3 feet away from any heat source including fireplaces, candles, radiators or heat vents. 1 in every 4 winter fires is caused from a tree being too close to a heat source!
SERVPRO Elizabeth City/OBX wants you, your family, and your property to stay safe this holiday season. If you do experience a fire or water damage during the holidays, or any time of the year, our franchise professionals can make it “Like it never even happened.” Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we are Here to Help